From establishing a budget before you hit the boutiques to waiting to make your purchase until you’ve booked your venue, there is a lot to consider in the search for the perfect wedding dress. Follow our expert tips below to glide through the process with ease.
- Make an appointment. You don’t want to show up with your mom and bridal party only to be turned away at the door.
- Know your budget and what you feel comfortable spending.
- Keep an open mind and don’t be afraid to try on something you normally wouldn’t. You might just end up loving it.
- Get a little dolled up—paint your toenails, shave your legs. You’ll be glad you did.
- Don’t feel compelled to invite your entire entourage to your first fitting. The experts recommend you bring along three to four guests, max, to avoid becoming overwhelmed by opinions.
- Don’t buy your dress until you know the venue of your ceremony and reception.
- Don’t pig out right before your appointment, for obvious reasons.
- Don’t let yourself be bullied; it’s your day and you’re wearing the dress, after all.
- Don’t wear a smoky eye or bright red lipstick. Better yet, avoid lipstick altogether.