You already know this if you’ve been gown shopping: Wedding dresses are a multi-million dollar industry. While production is concentrated in China, Spain, and the US, New York and Barcelona serve as international hubs for the bridal fashion market, where wedding magazine editors and bridal boutique owners go to see what designers have in store for upcoming seasons. Despite the considerable capital exchange and necessary business dealings, the romance and excitement of Bridal Fashion Week cannot be denied! Here are a few of our favorite ‘grams from New York and Barcelona’s recent events:
1. Bridal and Formal’s snapshot captures the dreaminess of Monique Lhuillier’s Spring 2017 collection.
2. Reem Acra’s floral runway re-ignited our Secret Garden fantasies.
3. Hayley Paige takes the obligatory “something blue” to a whole ‘nother level.
4. Berta Bridal’s almost-naked gown with a sheer overskirt is the best way to do bombshell bride.
5. We’re in awe of the caped glory at strutting down the runway at Pronovias.
6. Jenny Packham’s equisitely beaded vintage-inspired gown gets us in the mood for romance. And how cool is that understated bouquet?
7. Marchesa’s entire collection was to die for. End of story.
8. The stunning beauty of Jesus Peiro’s collection included gold sparkle and a pink veil!
Did we miss anything spectactular? What was your favorite look?