Blessed with a strong jawline? Lucky you. For those of us who aren’t, bridal makeup expert Nancy Dawson of BRIDEface has a quick tutorial on contouring so you can enhance your features on your big day.
1. Prep Start with a fresh, clean face.
2. Shade Contour. Apply a foundation that’s a couple of shades deeper than your natural skin tone below cheekbones (suck your cheeks in if you have to), along your jawbone and down your neck, on the sides and tip of your nose, and across your hairline (forehead only) with an angled contouring brush.
3. Highlight Using a shadow brush with foundation or concealer a couple shades lighter than your skin tone, add highlights. Start at the outer corner of the eye and make a triangle shape that ends next to the end of your nose. Also apply the highlight shade to the tear ducts, the Cupid’s bow of the lip, the brow bones, and just above the jaw bone.
4. Blend Using an allover powder brush, blend like crazy in a gentle, circular buffing motion, then set with a translucent powder. You can also add a touch of shimmer to the high points of the face. “A little glow helps it look more natural,” Dawson says.
5. Blush Apply powder blush to apples of cheeks with a blush brush.
6. Voila! You are photo-ready.
This piece originally appeared in the Fall 2014 issue of Cincinnati Wedding Magazine