Don’t feel like hiding a ton of plastic candy-filled eggs in your yard this Easter? Opt for one of these local Easter celebrations for a stress-free and memorable holiday weekend with family and friends.
1. Take a train ride with the Easter Bunny at the Lebanon Mason Monroe Railroad for its annual Easter Bunny Express event. This crowd-favorite journey stops at the Lebanon Sports Complex, where the railroad will host an Easter egg hunt—a new location that will provide more space for children and families to enjoy the festivities.
Saturday, April 20 at 10 a.m., 12:15 p.m., 2:30 p.m., and 4:45 p.m.
16 E. South St., Lebanon, (513) 933-8022, lebanonrr.com
2. Enjoy your Easter Sunday in style, sailing across the Ohio River on the BB Riverboats Easter Cruise. Scheduled to depart from Newport Landing, the boat offers an afternoon and evening ride with options for brunch and dinner. The Easter Bunny will also be attending, of course.
Sunday, April 21 at 1 and 5:30 p.m.
101 Riverboat Row, Newport, (800) 261-8586, bbriverboats.com
3. For a wild take on Easter, hop over to the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden Easter Celebration. The zoo will host animal-themed egg hunts and activities throughout the park. Pro tip: If you find one of four hidden golden eggs and turn it in at the welcome center, you’ll receive a prize.
Saturday, April 20 from noon to 5 p.m.
3400 Vine St., Avondale, (513) 281-4700, cincinnatizoo.org
4. Fill your Easter basket with local goods by visiting the Hopping into Easter Craft and Vendor Show in Milford. The event will feature artisans selling baked goods, flowers, baskets, handcrafted jewelry, and home decor that will give your home a fresh spring look.
Saturday, April 20 from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
1313 State Route 131, Milford, hometowncraftshows.com
5. On Saturday afternoon, Swine City Brewing will host family friendly activities, such as egg coloring and egg hunts. After dark, the brewery will switch things up with a special adult-only egg hunt, involving merchandise, gift cards, and candy. Bring your flashlights!
Saturday, April 20 from noon to 4 p.m. and from 8 p.m. to midnight
4614 Industry Dr., Fairfield, (513) 201-7070, swinecitybrewing.com