1. MadTree’s 5th Anniversary is this week, and they’re celebrating with 6 days of rare beers hailing from across the street to across the country. Mix in food and live music, and you’ve got the recipe for a weeklong rager. MadTree Brewing, 3301 Madison Rd., (513) 836-8733, madtreebrewing.com
2. Mardi Gras celebrations abound in the city, but one of the best will be Fasching at Hofbrauhaus Newport. Traditional German fare and steins of cold bier will help you celebrate Fat Tuesday in a different way this year. Prost! Feb 13, 2018, Hofbrauhaus Newport, 200 E. 3rd St., (859) 491-7200, hofbrauhausnewport.com
3. Pretend you’re in Pyeongchang without the jetlag or the price tag. The Cyclones are taking on the Wichita Thunder on Fat Tuesday; they’re sweetening the deal with $5 craft beers and an official after party with the players at Tin Roof. Feb 13, 2018, 7:30pm, U.S. Bank Arena, 100 Broadway, cycloneshockey.com
4. Still looking for the best way to celebrate Valentine’s Day? Head over to Music Hall for the Cincinnati Symphony Orchestra’s performance of Ravel’s La Valse waltz. The special Friday Orange event will feature unique curated experiences in the theme of the evening. Feb 16 & 17, 2018, 1241 Elm St., (513) 621-1919, cincinnatisymphony.org
5. During the Lenten season, Friday evenings in Cincinnati are hopping with fish fries. Even if you don’t observe the holiday, check your local Catholic Church to see if they’ll be holding a family-friendly feast for all every Friday through March 29.