Just a stone’s throw from downtown Cincinnati and right next to the beautiful Ohio River, Newport on the Levee is a destination full of entertainment for everyone. We’ve rounded up the best ways to spend your day, no matter who you’re with and how you want to have fun.
1. If you’re a sports fan, you need to snatch up the cheap parking at the Levee the morning of the Reds game. Get some fan gear at Sports Depot and grab a bite at Brothers Bar & Grill or Five Guys. Then, ride a Red Bike over the bridge to the game (and one back afterward) and work off that stadium hot dog you’re sure to get in the seventh inning.
2. For the ultimate family day, spend the morning in awe of the ocean at the Newport Aquarium (pet a shark or stingray!), grab a kid-approved lunch at Tom + Chee (where you can find the adult version of your childhood favorite grilled cheese), and head to GameWorks to play the afternoon away.
3. If you’re looking to escape for date night, look no further. Head to AMC Theatres for the newly released Beauty and the Beast, enjoy a fresh catch for dinner at Mitchell’s Fish Market, split a sweet treat at Cold Stone Creamery, and end the evening strolling down the Riverwalk by the glow of the illuminated city and the river. During the summer months, make your date on a Thursday night, when you can enjoy a Live at the Levee concert, cool music with the spectacular city skyline as the backdrop.
4. On your girl’s day out, start with brunch—and, of course, mimosas—at BRIO Tuscan Grille, enjoy some friendly competition bowling at Axis Alley (which has upgraded your childhood bowling experiences with a full restaurant, bar, and patio), and reward yourself with a soothing, detoxifying foot treatment at Garra Fish Spa.
5. If you’re after a relaxing day of solitude (and, dare we say, peace), we’ve got your game plan right here. Browse bestsellers at Barnes & Noble while sipping on coffee from the café. Take in the beautiful local works at Art on the Levee. Then, take your new book to the patio at Bar Louie, and enjoy lunch with a view while immersing yourself in another world.
Newport on the Levee, 1 Levee Way, Newport, (859) 291-0550, newportonthelevee.com