Now that Halloween’s over, it’s time to kick off the holiday season. French Lick Resort hosts a slew of fun festivities, from Thanksgiving Day activities to a Polar Express train ride to a spectacular tree-lighting ceremony—and it all takes place in November. Add these five events to your calendar and create some new traditions:
- Polar Express Train Ride All aboard! Hop on the French Lick Scenic Railway for a round-trip adventure to the North Pole (OK, the east lawn), with stops along the way for hot chocolate, Christmas carols, and time with Santa. Pajamas encouraged! Fridays & Saturdays, November 6–January 2
- Holiday Arts & Crafts Fair Held at the resort’s Valley Links Golf Center and now in its eighth year, the resort’s holiday crafts fair is the perfect place to snag some handmade holiday gifts and knickknacks. Friday–Sunday, November 13–15, times vary
- French Lick & West Baden Springs Tree Lighting Ceremonies Every year, French Lick Resort ushers in the holiday season with 50 Days of Lights, kicked off by a two-day tree lighting ceremony on the main lawns of French Lick Hotel and West Baden Springs Hotel. Other festive happenings—like fireworks, live concerts, cookie decorating, and of course, appearances by Santa and Mrs. Claus—make it a fun and merry way to spend an evening at the resort. November 20 & 21, 7 p.m.
- 50 Days of Lights From the 1 million-plus Christmas lights to the seven-foot tall gingerbread house to an elaborately replicated Victorian village, every part of this event is carefully planned months in advance to ensure it evokes a larger-than-life magical wonderland. A full calendar of seasonal events, like holiday movie showings, story time with Mrs. Claus, or Afternoon Tea in the Atrium of West Baden Springs, fill those 50 days chock full of activity. November 20–January 10
- Thanksgiving Day This year, hang up your apron and enjoy a Thanksgiving meal prepped by the world-class chefs at French Lick Resort (A sampling of items on the menu? Roasted pork loin with maple fried apples, carrot soufflé, Southern corn pudding, and holiday-staple pumpkin pie). Whether you come for just the day or stay for a long weekend, a relaxing time will be had by all. November 26, 11 a.m.–5 p.m., reservations required
For more holiday fun at French Lick Resort, visit their website!