Campaign Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR RECEIVE RECOGNITION. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF RECEIVING RECOGNITION.
1. Eligibility: This Recognition Campaign is open only to those who participate on Cincinnati Magazine’s official website and who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Recognition Campaign is only open to legal residents of the tri-state region of Ohio, Kentucky, and Indiana and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of Cincinnati Magazine, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers, (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Recognition Campaign. The Recognition Campaign is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Nominator (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Recognition Campaign.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on Monday, May 18, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. EST and ending Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST. All online entries must be received by Sunday, September 6, 2020 at 11:59 p.m. EST.
4. How to Enter: A valid email account and Internet access is required to enter this Recognition Campaign. Nominators must complete all required fields outlined on the Deserving Neighbor Recognition form.
Nominations that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the discretion of Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger. You must provide the information requested. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. If you use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the discretion of Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger.
5. Prizes: The Honorees of the Recognition Campaign (the “Honoree”) will receive a prize package from Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger. The specifics of the prize shall be determined by Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the discretion of Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Honoree. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Honoree is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger to use Honoree’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of receiving recognition depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Honoree Selection and Notification: Honorees will be selected by a panel of community members designated by Procter & Gamble and Kroger. Honorees will be notified within seven (7) days following selection of each Honoree. Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger shall have no liability for Honoree’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Honoree’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Honoree cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 10 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Honoree selected. Receipt by Honoree of the prize offered in this Recognition Campaign is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY HONOREE (AT THE DISCRETION OF CINCINNATI MAGAZINE, PROCTER & GAMBLE, AND KROGER) WILL RESULT IN HONOREE’s DISQUALIFICATION AS HONOREE OF THE RECOGNITION CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS HONOREE WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
8. Rights Granted by You: You understand and agree that Cincinnati Magazine, anyone acting on behalf of Cincinnati Magazine, and Cincinnati Magazine licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Recognition Campaign, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
9. Terms & Conditions: Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger reserves the right, in their discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Recognition Campaign should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Recognition Campaign. In such case, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger may select the Honoree from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger. Cincinnati Magazine, Procter & Gamble, and Kroger reserves the right, in their discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Recognition Campaign or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. Cincinnati Magazine has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Recognition Campaign, to void entries for any reason. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Recognition Campaign may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, Cincinnati Magazine reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
10. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Cincinnati Magazine and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Recognition Campaign and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Recognition Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
11. Disputes: THIS Recognition Campaign IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF the United States AND Hamilton County, Ohio, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Recognition Campaign, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Recognition Campaign, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Hamilton County, Ohio having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Campaign). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
13. Honorees List: To obtain a copy of the Honorees’ names or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: Cincinnati Magazine 441 Vine Street, Suite 200 Cincinnati, OH 45202. Requests must be received no later than September 30, 2020 at 5:00 p.m. EST.
14. This Recognition Campaign from Cincinnati Magazine is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or Twitter.
15. By participating in a Cincinnati Magazine’s Recognition Campaign, each entrant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.