CINCINNATI GIVES CHALLENGE: crowdrise.com/ucan-nonprofit-spay-and-neuter-clinic-cincinnatigives2018
Mission Our mission is to provide professional, low-cost spay/neuter services to end the euthanasia of healthy and treatable homeless cats and dogs in shelters in the Greater Cincinnati area, including surrounding counties in Southwest Ohio, Northern Kentucky, and Southeast Indiana, and to help owners keep their beloved pets in their homes by avoiding
Serving Our Community Millions of dogs and cats are killed in shelters every year due to lack of space/resources. Pets are surrendered to shelters because unsterilized pets have unwanted babies, and pet owners living in poverty are forced to surrender their beloved pets when they contract preventable, costly illnesses.
Pets provide love and companionship and research shows that having a pet provides many health benefits, including prevention of heart disease, allergies, and depression.
To prevent unwanted litters and enable pets to live longer, healthier lives, we provide low-cost spay/neuter surgeries (free to those who cannot afford it), core vaccines, and other wellness services to cats and dogs. To ensure everyone has access to our spay/neuter services, we provide free transports to our clinic from 12 surrounding counties.
Melanie Corwin, Executive Director
Jessica Klaers, Clinic Manager
Amy Strabala, DVM, Medical Director
Board of Directors
Monica Weakley, Chair
Julie O’Connell, DVM, Vice-Chair
Gail Waham, CPA, Treasurer
Thomas Hattersley, Esq.
Other Ways to Help
• Lend us your marketing/advertising expertise to help with brochures, fliers, website, social media, and other marketing materials.
• Volunteer! We always need people to help with community outreach, laundry, putting together surgical packs, transporting pets to our clinic for owners that have no transportation, and many, many other things!
• At no cost to you, when you shop at AmazonSmile, Kroger, or Remke’s, designate us (United Coalition for Animals, d.b.a. UCAN Nonprofit Spay & Neuter Clinic) as your charity and they will make a donation to us every time you purchase an item!
• Sponsor or donate raffle items to our annual fund-raiser, the “Spay-Ghetti and No Balls” dinner.
• Donate items from our wish list: paper towels, black Sharpie markers, black pens, and gently used blankets and towels
2830 Colerain Ave.
Cincinnati, OH 45225