CINCINNATI GIVES CHALLENGE: crowdrise.com/cancerfree-kids-cincinnatigives2018
Mission The mission of CancerFree KIDS is to eradicate cancer as a life-threatening disease in children by funding promising research that might otherwise go unfunded.
Serving Our Community CancerFree KIDS funds game-changing research to give every kid a chance to grow up. We do this because more children in the United States die of cancer than any other disease.
CancerFree KIDS has funded 124 novel research projects, totaling nearly $4.4 million. Through a rigorous application process, our funding goes directly toward the research project, where every dollar is accounted for.
A follow-up report assures that funding is used to maximum effect, and we maintain communication with each researcher as we continue to follow their progress beyond our funding cycle.
To support our funding goals and commitments, CancerFree KIDS raises the necessary support through corporate partnerships, foundations, and our signature events: The Butterfly Walk & 5K, Celebration of Champions dinner/auction, and the Night for the Fight high school event. Funds are also provided by many individual contributions and third-party events. Our donors invest in research because they know that is the one thing that can make a difference for kids with cancer.
Ellen Flannery, Founder, Executive Director, and Board Chair
Gretchen Finniff, Directory of Philanthropy
Board of Trustees Officers
Amy L. Wagner, Vice President
Kristina Moster, Treasurer
Julie Goslee, Secretary
Other Ways to Help
• Night 4 the Fight, February 23, 2019—An overnight high school fund-raiser filled with games, food, fun, and inspiration. Last year more than 40 schools and 1,300-plus area high school students raised more than $245,000.
• Jersey Mike’s Month of Giving, March 2019—The campaign culminates March 27 for Jersey Mike’s “Day of Giving,” when 100 percent of the day’s sales are donated.
• Butterfly Walk & 5K, May 11, 2019—5K race, inspirational one-mile walk, junior jog, food, and games. A day filled with celebrating survivors and their families while honoring those we have lost.
• Celebration of Champions, annual dinner/auction, November 7, 2019—More than 600 guests enjoy a captivating silent auction, live auction, wine, and purse raffles, and most importantly, get the opportunity to celebrate our cancer survivors.
• Host a Third-Party Fundraiser throughout the year—A fun and
rewarding way for individuals,
companies, organizations, and schools to raise money for lifesaving research.
• Run/Walk the Flying Pig Marathon—More than 100 individuals participated, raising more than $55,000.
• YP Team Cincinnati—Building a young professionals group locally to get involved in fund-raising and building awareness for pediatric cancer research.
420 W. Loveland Ave. #105
Loveland, OH 45140