Cincinnati Magazine is a monthly city magazine with a circulation of more than 30,000 that focuses on service, city and regional issues, and lifestyles for an upscale readership.
The ideal candidate for this full-time Cincinnati Magazine position will have a hybrid skill set that combines writing and editing across a variety of platforms with content strategy and data analysis. The digital editor should have a familiarity with and passion for Cincinnati and have strong editorial judgment. The position requires attention to detail and the ability to multi-task in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. It is critical that this person have the ability to think through editorial campaigns from digital and social to print.
COVID-19 HIRING UPDATE: We have temporarily transitioned to a remote work model during this time, and this role is expected to begin as a remote position. We appreciate these are unprecedented times and will work closely with you, taking into account your individual circumstances.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conceive, develop, assign, write and edit articles for print and digital
- Post, edit, and produce print and original content to engage with the audience on website and social media platforms
- Write, build, and send editorial and dedicated emails for Cincinnati Magazine and ancillary products
- Execute and optimize digital marketing programs including email development, landing pages, and new promotional efforts to support brand initiatives
- Monitor site and CMS functionality along with corporate team
- Work with the marketing team to promote brand events across all digital platforms and secure ticket sales
- Work with the sales team to enhance current revenue streams and develop new ones
- Other tasks at the direction of the Editor and Director of Editorial Operations
To be considered, candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Must be familiar with WordPress, HubSpot, Google Analytics, Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Excellent writing and editing skills, plus a passion for service journalism; the ability to write and edit quickly without compromising brand integrity, voice, or mission; strong understanding of native content, email marketing, and lead generation; a calm-under-pressure demeanor (long hours are sometimes required); a keen sense of priorities; the ability to efficiently manage time, navigating competing demands and clearly (and diplomatically) communicating and prioritizing deadlines based on editorial demands, traffic goals, and business needs; and the ability to juggle multiple projects are a must!
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, Communications, English or other relevant field
- One to two years’ experience in digital environment and/or editorial department
Please email Amanda Boyd Walters email@example.com the following materials: your resume, a cover letter that will convince me you’re the best candidate for the position. This position reports to the Director of Editorial Operations with a dotted line to the publisher.
Only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.