Cincinnati Magazine is the “must read” for sophisticated consumers in Greater Cincinnati and a “must buy” for advertisers who want to reach this defined market. Each month, editorial content takes subscribers deep behind the headlines into the stories that impact our area. We profile the region’s most interesting and influential people; offer regular sections such as Dine, Radar (style & design) and Frontlines (local news & newsmakers); and create service packages on topics ranging from neighborhoods and restaurants to shopping and schools.
Overview of Account Executive Role:
Cincinnati Magazine is seeking an energetic, highly confident, hard working, and self-motivated individual to retain existing base of clients and grow revenue through cultivation of current and new business. By assessing the business needs and developing partnerships, the Account Executive will craft customized proposals while offering solutions to meet the client(s) goal. Through effective execution of prospecting, unparalleled account service and innovative approaches to curating new business, the Account Executive is responsible for meeting/exceeding revenue goals for the company. To be a successful member of the Cincinnati Magazine advertising team, one must be professional, ethical and able to build long-term business relationships with prospective and active advertising clients. It is imperative that the Account Executive embodies the mission and morals of the company while representing the Cincinnati Magazine brand within the community.
Core responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Expand sales by bringing new advertisers to the magazine and our portfolio of products including digital, events and custom publishing
- Build and generate ongoing customer relationships to provide strategic marketing plans in order to meet customer’s sales expectations
- Establish and develop client relationships, contact key accounts, work with clients at various stages in the sales cycle including account updates, collections, weekly projections and forecast of future advertising
- Generate packages, negotiate advertising rates, direct creative campaigns and create oral and written presentation
- Develop short and long range plans for revenue growth
- Attain individual monthly, quarterly and annual advertising sales revenue goals while maintaining corresponding reports for management
- Other job-related functions as required
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Strong persuasive communication skills
- Proven track record of excellence in sales process and revenue gains
- Exercise independent judgment and handle variety of duties
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven track record of accuracy to detail and timeliness and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Work through challenges with costs, budgets, sales strategy and digital and print media
- Research problems and provide solutions to clients
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, CRM and Word required
- Travel within market/region required for outside sales
- Familiarity and comfort with 100% commissioned compensation structure is necessary
College degree preferred and a minimum of two years outside sales experience required.
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position we encourage you to apply. The preferred method of application is to submit a cover letter and resume to the hiring manager, Ivy Bayer.