For the bride-to-be on the go, here’s a quick preview of trends you’ll be seeing through the rest of 2015:
- Moscow mule mugs are the new mason jars. Fill ’em up with flowers, sweet treats, or of course, cocktails.
- Planter boxes are taking over tables as centerpieces, guest favors, and even as hanging “chandeliers”!
- Food bars have been invading receptions for years, and they’re getting even quirkier: think bacon bars (this is Porkopolis, after all), waffle bars, or even a chili bar where guests can make their own 3-way.
- Be on the lookout for infused water, especially at summer weddings. Think interesting combinations of fruits and herbs for delectable (non-alcoholic) drinks.
- More couples are incorporating heritage traditions into their special day. Think Scottish kilts, Mexican wedding cookies, and jumping the broom.
- We’ll still be seeing custom signage with directions, table numbers, place cards, etc. The charming mini chalkboards, laser-cut wood, and picture frames are here to stay.
- The vintage furniture trend is sticking around, too, with more companies offering rental services and help with transportation and setup.
- The chandelier and hanging cake trends give new meaning to upside down cake!
- After what seems like a lifetime of strapless sweetheart necklines, dresses with sleeves are making a comeback! Also keep an eye out for jeweled necklines, tattoo lace, and the rise of funky menswear. No standard black tuxes for these guys.
- Trinidad James was right: All gold everything is where it’s at. From flatware to bridesmaid dresses, yellow gold is still the metal of the moment.
- Don’t be afraid to go bold with houndstooth prints, bright color palettes, and high contrast stripes.
Follow Cincinnati Wedding on Pinterest for more inspiration!