If you love old books, then you’ve probably found your way to Ohio Book Store. We took a few tips from the pros on how to restore our own literary treasures:
1. Take everything apart. Easy.
2. Clean out any dust and dirt. Got it.
3. Restore the book block. What? The book block is the stack of pages, unbound. Make them nice and even
5. If necessary, make new letters using a Ludlow machine for typesetting followed by a Kensol stamping press. Use the mold to emboss gold foil letters onto the spine.
7. Attach the spine to the book block and put it back on the shelf for another 200 years.