Cincinnati Gives Challenge, donate here: www.cincinnatigives.org/Whitneystrong
MISSION: The Whitney/Strong Organization is made up of gun violence survivors, gun owners, and advocates who are concerned about lives lost to all forms of gun violence. Whitney/Strong was founded by Whitney and Waller Austin weeks after Whitney survived a shooting on Fountain Square in Cincinnati in September 2018.
Together, we believe we can create a future free from gun violence with our mission of finding common ground to end gun violence through data-driven, responsible gun ownership solutions. Our focus is results and safety, not politics.
Join our fight to end gun violence.
“I can’t do it alone…but we can do it together” —Whitney Austin, Executive Director and Cofounder of Whitney/Strong
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY:
• Education: W/S has trained 300+ people in evidence-based prevention strategies. Save a Life workshops focus on firearm safety, suicide prevention, and Stop the Bleed®.
• Legislation: W/S partners with legislators in both parties to advocate for data-driven solutions. Our current focus is Kentucky’s CARR bill, creating a legal path to temporarily separate a person in crisis from their firearm, and comprehensive background checks.
• Research: W/S funds research at Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center to understand the lifesaving impact of gun locks for families with teens at risk for suicide. New initiatives are being developed with University of Cincinnati, Xavier, and University of Louisville.
Whitney Austin, Executive Director and Cofounder
Tammy Schaff, Director of Development
Danea Cloyd, Program Manager
2021 Board of Directors
Sara Hayden, Board Chair
Jeff Hadley, Treasurer
Nate Woods, Secretary
Deanna Atchley, Waller Austin, Liz Andrews-Bock, Lindsey Burba, Shea Coerper, Derick Dailey, Krista Drescher-Burke, Brooke Edge, Megan Gardner, Lauren Treece, Terrell Williams
OTHER WAYS TO HELP: The pandemic has not stopped gun violence and it hasn’t stopped the work of Whitney/Strong!
- Your donation to Whitney/Strong will reduce gun violence by funding gun lock giveaways, Save A Life training, bleeding control kits, legislative advocacy, and more:$10 provides a gun safety kit to support safe firearm storage
- $65 sponsors an attendee to Save A Life training
- $100 funds research to find data-driven solutions to gun violence
- $250 supports non-partisan advocacy meetings with lawmakers
- Ready to join us? There are many ways you can get involved, from liking and sharing our social media posts (follow @whitstrongorg on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), serving as a field advocate on legislation, writing letters and e-mail from your home, organizing Save A Life events, or even helping plan our annual gala, A Night For Life. Complete our website form (whitneystrong.org/volunteer) and join Whitney in her mission to save lives.
1355 Bardstown Rd., #242
Louisville, KY 40204