Cincinnati Gives Challenge, donate here: www.cincinnatigives.org/Whitneystrong
MISSION: Whitney/Strong was founded by Whitney and Waller Austin weeks after Whitney survived a shooting on Fountain Square in Cincinnati in September 2018. Together, we believe we can create a future free from gun violence with our mission of finding common ground to end gun violence through data-driven, responsible gun ownership solutions. Our focus is results and safety, not politics. Join our fight to end gun violence.
“Whitney/Strong has brought together gun violence survivors, gun owners, and advocates who are concerned about lives lost to all forms of gun violence. And together, we are finding hope and progress.”
—Whitney Austin, Executive Director and Cofounder of Whitney/Strong
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
• Education: W/S aims to provide Save A Life training to 1,000 people in Cincinnati and Louisville neighborhoods disproportionately impacted by gun violence each year. Training includes firearm safety, suicide prevention, and Stop the Bleed®.
• Legislation: Outside of the monumental federal legislative win that was the Bipartisan Safer Communities Act, W/S spearheads efforts to pass Kentucky’s Crisis Aversion and Rights Retention (CARR) bill—the first bipartisan-sponsored gun violence prevention bill filed in that state in decades.
• Research: Recent projects include…
- Research with Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center to understand the lifesaving impact of gun locks for families with teens at risk for suicide.
- Research with the University of Cincinnati and Xavier University to better evaluate and improve the efficacy of our Save A Life Program.
Whitney Austin, Executive Director and Cofounder
Tammy Schaff, Director of Development
Danea Cloyd, Program Manager
Emily Wiley, State Policy and Engagement Coordinator
2022 Board of Directors
Sara Hayden, Board Chair
Mark Hoeck, Treasurer
Nate Woods, Secretary
Liz Andrews-Bock, Lindsey Burba, Shea Coerper, Ryan Dupree, Brooke Edge, Megan Gardner, Nora Meldrum, Terrell Williams
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
Your donation to Whitney/Strong will reduce gun violence by funding gun lock giveaways, Save A Life training, bleeding control kits, legislative advocacy, and more:
- $10 provides a gun safety kit to support safe firearm storage
- $65 sponsors an attendee to Save A Life training
- $100 funds research to find data-driven solutions to gun violence
- $250 supports non-partisan advocacy meetings with lawmakers
Ready to join us?
There are many ways you can get involved, from liking and sharing our social media posts (follow @whitstrongorg on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn), serving as a field advocate on legislation, writing letters and e-mail from your home, organizing Save A Life events, or even helping plan our annual gala, A Night For Life, which will be held in Cincinnati in 2023. Complete our website form (www.whitneystrong.org/volunteer) and join Whitney in her mission to save lives.
3044 Bardstown Rd., #125
Louisville, KY 40205