The holiday season can be stressful, especially at massive malls with picked-over inventory and hoards of hurrying shoppers. To avoid this and save some time, we recommend shopping small and winning big at these local Queen City stores with holiday shopping deals.
1. Mega-popular boutique The Native One will be have online and in-store deals at its Over-the-Rhine and brand-new Covington storefront. The stores house trendy clothing, home décor, and other trinkets that are sure to please whoever you are buying for this year. Pro tip: Make sure to check out these deals on Black Friday and Small Business Saturday.
Over-the-Rhine and Covington, (513) 832-7133
2. Greenline Salon in Covington will be hold a week of deals from November 25 to December 2. The salon, which sells Aveda products, will be offering 20 percent off all salon essentials, such as skin care, makeup, blow dryers, and flat irons. While you’re there, you can even get a quick cut and color for a new look at your holiday parties.
Covington, (859) 292-8111
3. Idlewild Woman boutique, owned by Project Runway alum Tessa Clark, will be holding early bird specials, a gift card giveaway, and refreshments and snacks on Black Friday, starting at 10 a.m. On Small Business Saturday, Idlewild will also have luck-of-the-draw discounts for up to 40 percent off your entire purchase. The store features locally made clothing from Clark’s brand Grind and Glaze; jewelry from Clark’s mother, Julie Clark of Julie Clark Pottery; and totes and pouches from Jessica Murray among many other products and designers.
Over-the-Rhine, (513) 381-4059
4. Fort Thomas Jewelers will be hold a Black Friday sale 9:30 a.m. through 6 p.m. You can enjoy one-day-only pricing on everything in stock and exclusive coupons to use after the holiday rush is over. It’s the the perfect spot to find gifts for the special people in your life that deserve a little sparkle this holiday season.
Highland Heights, (859) 442-0506
5. On Black Friday, the Animal Friends Humane Society in Hamilton will be hold adoption specials starting at 11 a.m. Predominantly black dogs will be $25, all others dogs will be $50, and all cats will be $5. You can visit their website now and browse the pets that are available for adoption, because what is better than a new furry friend for the holidays?
Hamilton, (513) 867-5727