Whether you’re planning your first date or your 100th, finding new and exciting things to do with your significant other can be challenging. Instead of curling up on the couch with take-out, zest up your weekend and try one of these five date night ideas with your special someone.
1. Only five minutes from downtown, Magic Realms VR in Fort Thomas will transport you and your partner to a whole new world—literally! The Cincinnati area’s first virtual reality arcade offers more than 100 games to choose from, ensuring an entertaining night out.
90 Alexandria Pike, Fort Thomas, (859) 360-6799
2. Looking for a laugh? Check out Go Bananas Comedy Club in Montgomery for live stand-up comedy that will have you and your significant other in tears. Over the past 27 years, Go Bananas has hosted some of the biggest stars in stand-up (think Dave Chappelle, Joe Rogan, and Lisa Lampanelli) and also gives a platform to local up-and-comers.
8410 Market Pl Ln, Montgomery, (513) 984-9288
3. If movie dates are your thing, switch it up a bit and try a drive-in movie theater. The Starlite Drive-In in Amelia shows new films each weekend. The best part? The drive-in offers two movies for the price of one and allows guests to bring outside food for a small fee. Grab some popcorn and snuggle up with your better half for a fun twist on a classic date.
2255 OH-125, Amelia, (513) 734-4001
4. Instead of ordering in, try taking a cooking class at Findlay Kitchen. The nonprofit food incubator, located in the heart of the historic Findlay Market district, works with local programs to offer new courses each month. We all know that food is the way to the heart, so spice up your night out and impress that special someone with your culinary skills during one of the kitchen’s “date night” classes.
1719 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine, (513) 744-8020
5. Take romance to the next level at the Cincinnati Observatory during their “Late Night Date Night” event. Be sure to brush up on your astronomy skills; you and your partner will enjoy gazing up at the stars after hours. Even if the weather doesn’t cooperate during date night, the observatory will take you for a behind-the-scenes trip around the universe.
3489 Observatory Place, Mt. Lookout, (513) 321-5186