CINCINNATI GIVES CHALLENGE: cincinnatigives.org/Mortar
Mission MORTAR aims to create diverse communities by enabling historically marginalized entrepreneurs to access the resources needed to start and run successful businesses.
Serving Our Community:
- 15-week culturally competent Entrepreneurship Academy that includes a business mentor, personal and business financial literacy, free legal assistance, and deeply discounted design, marketing, and accounting services.
- 18-month Alumni Services programming to help navigate the challenges of business ownership.
- Brick Pop Up Shop spaces to offer entrepreneurs discounted short-term retail spaces to test their ideas in real time.
- Iron Chest Fund to offer grants and low-interest loans to alumni to assist with start-up costs.
Derrick Braziel, Founder, Development Director
Allen Woods, Founder, Creative Director
William Thomas, II, Founder, Expansion Director
Sadell Bradley, Strategic Director
MORTAR 2019 Cincinnati
Board of Directors
Kala Gibson, President – Senior Vice President and Head of Business Banking, Fifth Third Bank
Pranav Kothari, Vice President – Vice President, Strategy & Innovation, KnowledgeWorks
Ashlee Young, Secretary – Manager Community Strategies, Strive Partnership
Richard Westheimer, Treasurer – Retired, Cincinnati Public Schools
Sean Rhiney, Director of Xavier University’s Eigel Center for Community-Engaged Learning
Jacob Samad, RKPT
Dr. Nita Walker, MD, FACP, Senior Vice President, Ambulatory Services, UC Health
Sam Ross, Founder, Iconic Communications
Karyl Cunningham, Management & Operations, Mount St. Joseph University
Ben Greenberg, Co-Founder, BS, LLC
Erikka Gray, Owner, District 78, MORTAR Class 9 Alumni
Nicole Redus, President/CEO, Ascension Wealth Management
Rob McDonald, Taft Law
Other Ways to Help:
- Attend a Pitch Night
- Purchase MORTAR Cincinnati merchandise
- Host a MORTAR Haus Party
- Host a MORTAR online peer-to-peer fund-raiser
- Shop with or contract a MORTAR Alum
1329 Vine St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202