Cincinnati Gives Challenge, donate here: www.cincinnatigives.org/Mental-Health-Association-Of-Northern-Kentucky
MISSION: The mission of Mental Health America is to promote mental health and work to prevent mental and substance use disorders through education, advocacy, and service. Our vision is a just, humane, and healthy society in which all people have the opportunity to achieve full potential.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY: MHA helps people explore options for recovery from mental health and/or substance use disorders and supports them through the process. Starting at enrollment, staff gain understanding of individual needs and work with the individual to create a plan addressing health, home, purpose, and community, the foundation for long term recovery. We offer Pro Bono Counseling, employment services, finance management, and both one-to-one and group Certified Peer Support (people with lived experience who use their experience to help others). We are the region’s experts in recruiting, training, and employing Certified Peers. MHA has a strong education presence as the region’s leader in delivering Mental Health First Aid and continuing education programs that tackle many of today’s toughest issues like crisis intervention and de-escalation.
Board of Directors
Sharron DiMario, Board President
Heidi Bohman, Board Secretary
George Sparks, Board Treasurer
Elizabeth Atwell, Executive Director
Jill Bittner, Associate Executive Director
Mindy Sponseller, Director of Clinical Care Coordination
Lucy Gillespie, Director of Innovation and Evaluation
Paul Moeller, Director of Finance
Tom Spicer, PIER Team Lead
Vondie Wheeler, Human Resource Director
Janet Gora, Ohio Statewide MHFA Director
OTHER WAYS TO HELP:
• Volunteer with MHA to share your time, talents, and help achieve our shared mission. Join the MHA Board, be a program volunteer, or help with agency “beautification” events.
• “Fundraise and Friendraise” with us by hosting a private fund-raiser for us to raise money and awareness.
• Like us on Facebook, share our messages, and introduce us to your contacts.
• Sponsor a training or education program.
• Subscribe to and read our agency newsletter.
912 Scott Blvd.
Covington, KY 41011