Cincinnati Gives Challenge, donate here: www.cincinnatigives.org/Hopescloset
Mission: Hope’s Closet serves children in foster care and their foster families through wraparound care, including an expansive clothing boutique and extensive support services. We LOVE displaced children and their families; PROVIDE encouragement, support, and material needs; and INSPIRE hope in a loving God. We endeavor to support tri-state families impacted by children’s services through our foster and adoptive parent support, clothing boutique, whole family activities, and foster parent recruitment, training and mentoring programs.
Serving Our Community:
- New and gently used clothing, baby supplies, shoes, accessories, backpacks, Easter baskets, Christmas gifts, and more to children impacted by children’s services
- Fun activities to celebrate special days (birthdays, achievements, etc.) in the lives of foster children
- Family activities designed to help foster children understand and enjoy a healthy family environment
- Recruitment and mentoring of new foster parents
- Training and continuing education for foster parents
- Virtual and in-person support groups for all foster parents
Erika Kalnai, Chairman
Bonnie Hammond, Vice Chair
Matt Wieland, Treasurer
Valerie Schatzke, Secretary
Jami Clarke, Executive Director
Other Ways to Help:
- Donations: Monetary or new/used clothing (socks and underwear must be new). See our website for a list of suggested items or our Amazon Wish List for items you can purchase and have shipped directly to our boutique! You can also hold a donation drive or a baby shower for Hope’s Closet.
- Introduction Parties: Host an introduction party or meeting where a member of Hope’s Closet leadership meets with your attendees to discuss our mission and goals, needs, and volunteer opportunities. We love to tell others about what we do.
- Volunteers: Shopping assistants (conduct a shopping appointment with a foster child), clothing sorters (help us sort through donated items—we only keep the “best of the best” for our kids!), seasonal boutique changeover (twice per year), child care during training events, and receptionists. We also have groups who create toiletries bags, donate artwork for our kiddos to take home, and find other fun ways to appreciate and engage the families. We are open to suggestions—if you have a great idea, please contact us!
- Annual Gala: Our annual gala is typically held in the fall and includes good food, great drinks, a silent auction, dancing, and more! Follow us on Facebook or check our website for gala updates.
- We’ve moved! We have expanded into a larger space, which will allow us to provide more services and support for tri-state foster families. We are excited to share our new home, located in West Chester, with you! Contact us for a tour today!
9850 Princeton Glendale Rd., Suite C
West Chester, OH 45246