Cincinnati Gives Challenge, donate here: www.cincinnatigives.org/Companions-On-A-Journey-Grief-Support
ESTABLISHED: 1997 – Celebrating 25 years!
MISSION: Assistance is provided to anyone (young or old) who is grieving a loss via grief support groups, resources, and education. COJ provides: a CONNECTION to others with similar grief experiences so that each person’s voice can be heard and honored; HOPE to shine a light forward; STRENGTH to create a balance; and HEALING to nurture a new normal. Our vision is that we one day live in a world where no one grieves alone.
SERVING OUR COMMUNITY
Youth & Family Grief Support
• School-based monthly grief support groups for K-12
• In-school consultation, education, and crisis response training for caregivers and staff
• Pathway to Healing annual events
• Mending Hearts: Monthly program for families and children ages 3–18
Adult Grief Support
• Loss-specific monthly grief groups
• Social outing
• Individual consultation and crisis support
Education & Training
• Grief education webinars
• Facilitator training
• Caregiver education
• Postvention support
Workplace & Partners
• Grief in the Workplace resources
• Crisis intervention and consultation
• Custom-designed team grief support sessions and materials
• First Responders, Healthcare, and Essential Workers Program
Executive Director: Sheila Munafo-Kanoza
Board President: Elizabeth Dreyer
Board Vice President: Jeanne Feldkamp
Secretary: Tracey Nugent
Treasurer: John Atkinson
Board Advisor: Tom Kanoza
Board members: Brian Boyle, Elgin Card, Jonathan Gordon, Dr. Michael Kachmann, Jim Morgan, Lisa Reinhard, Craig Sander, Rita Williams, Jonathan Winterkorn
OTHER WAYS TO HELP
We are grateful for each person who has funded, volunteered, honored, and supported our work so we could be here for bereaved children and adults for 25 years! However, our work is not finished, and we continue to need your support. Please donate today to ensure that COJ remains resilient for the next 25 years and is here to support children and adults who are grieving.
- Donate Financially: Your monetary gift provides grief support to those whose loss has left a hole in their heart. Follow us on Facebook and Instagram for upcoming events. For donation questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Donate Stock: Gifts of stocks, bonds, or mutual funds make a lasting impact. Contact email@example.com for details.
- Donate Materials: We need fabric for our sewn resources; snacks and water for our grief groups; donations for special events. Please contact our office if you can help.
- Volunteer: At events, with groups, on projects in your home or in our West Chester office.
- Sponsor a Fundraiser: Golf Outing – Summer 2023; National Children’s Grief Awareness Breakfast – November 2023; Dedicate your own Facebook Fundraiser to Companions on a Journey Grief Support.
- Learn More and Share the News: Follow us on social media and share with your contacts.
8857 Cincinnati-Dayton Rd., Suite #002
West Chester, OH 45069