CINCINNATI GIVES CHALLENGE: cincinnatigives.org/communityactionagency
Mission: The Community Action Agency (CAA) helps improve lives from cradle to career. CAA uses a broad range of public and private resources to give low- and moderate-income individuals the opportunity to improve the quality of life for themselves, their families, and their communities.
Serving Our Community: CAA is a private, nonprofit organization that offers various services to low-income individuals and families in Cincinnati and Hamilton County. Our services include:
- Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP): Assists with home energy bills. This benefit is applied directly to the customer’s utility bill.
- Career Pathways: Job training in construction, manufacturing, and commercial driver’s licenses. Participants can receive childcare assistance and find part-time job and rental assistance.
- Supportive Services: Assistance with eviction prevention, tax preparation, rental assistance, water bill assistance, and mobile food pantry.
- Head Start: Preschool education for children, ensuring children and parents are prepared for kindergarten. Early Head Start serves pregnant women and children under 3 years of age.
Board of Directors:
Chandra Mathews-Smith, Chair
Diana Paternoster, Vice-Chair
Mark B. Lawson, CEO/President
Nikki Williams, Chief of Staff& VP of Community Relations
Joan Proffitt, Chief Financial & Information Officer
Rachel Luckey, VP and Chief Human Resources Officer
Renee Daniel, VP of Early Childhood Education
Mason Gray, VP Community Services
Willie Hill, Executive Director of GCMI
Gwen Larkin-Cosby, Sr. Exec Assistant to President/CEO, BOD Admin
Other Ways to Help:
- Donate: Your generosity will help CAA to provide essential services to children, adults, and seniors. You can also support CAA through Amazon Smile or Kroger Community Rewards.
- Sponsor: You or your company can become a corporate sponsor of our Annual Golf Scramble on June 1 at Maketewah Country Club or our 56th Annual Luncheon on November 6 at The Westin downtown.
- Stay Informed: Like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram @cincy_caa and Twitter @CincyCAA to stay up to date with our latest news, photos, and videos.
- Volunteer: Volunteers, whether individuals or groups, are an important, vibrant part of our team at CAA. We offer a variety of volunteer opportunities to contribute directly to the vital work of CAA.
1740 Langdon Farm Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45237