Run for a cause, walk for pure enjoyment, or make it a family event—there are plenty of reasons to get your running shoes on.
1. Run 4 AutismApril is Autism Awareness Month, and what better way to show your support than running 3.1 miles in honor of local families affected by the condition? Hosted by the Dayton chapter of the Autism Society of America, 100% of the walk’s funds go to families around the area. April 27 at the Payne Recreation Center, 3800 Main St., Moraine; Register online by April 26 or in person the day of; run4autism.org.kintera.org
2. 5th Annual Run It Forward 5KRun (or walk) to benefit the Multiple Myeloma Research Foundation and The Kidney Cancer Association this Saturday. Bring the whole family—kids under 10 run free in their own fun run with prizes for everyone. April 27 at Sharon Woods; register online ($25) by April 25 or in person April 26 from 4-7p.m. at GNC, 4118 Hunt Rd; Registration is $30 day of the race; http://www.runningtime.net/Races/RunItForward/home.htm.
3. Spring VolksmarchCelebrate the beauty of Erwachen der Natur (nature awakening) with the Germania Society. The German Volksmarch is a leisurely walk to promote fitness and community camaraderie. A marked 5K trail—or 10K if you’re feeling ambitious—takes participants through Colerain Township. Authentic food like gulaschsuppe (Germany’s take on chicken noodle soup), from-scratch potato pancakes, and of course sauerkraut and wursts will be waiting for you upon your return. April 27 at 3529 W. Kemper Rd.; Registration is $3 and you can register the day of until 12:30.Walk ends by 4 p.m.; germaniasociety.com
4. 2nd Annual Run United 5K Run/WalkBy participating in this annual race, you can help the Butler County United Way fulfill its mission of helping local youths to achieve success and adults to become self-sufficient. April 27 at Butler Tech – D.Russel Lee Campus, 2603 Hamilton-Middletown Rd.; Register online ($20) through April 25, bc-unitedway.org
5. March of Dimes March for BabiesCreate a walking team of your own and march right on down to Paul Brown Stadium to support the March of Dimes’ cause to promote health among babies born each year. April 28 at Paul Brown Stadium; register in person up to an hour prior. Or register online at marchofdimes.com/ohio/events/10242_3134303733.html.
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive