From origami lessons to an antique quilt exhibit, five events this week will help you get a crafty start on spring.
1. Behind the Seams: Exhibiting and Conserving Fashion and TextilesMore than a play on words, this exhibit lets you literally go behind the scenes at the Cincinnati Art Museum and learn first-hand all the work that goes into storing, conserving, and exhibiting antique fashion arts and textiles. The program will also prep you on how to store your own textile pieces. Cincinnati Art Museum, Through April 28, cincinnatiartmuseum.org/explore/exhibitions, Museum hours 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
2. Origami and Furoshiki wrapping workshopsHanamiya Beautiful Japan hosts workshops on how to uniquely wrap gifts using ancient origami and furoshiki techniques. Create one-of-a-kind origami gift boxes or use furoshiki cloth to decorate a bottle of wine. Select Saturdays from 10–11 a.m., $15 per person. Hanamiya Beautiful Japan, 7795 Cooper Rd., Montgomery, (513) 891-8738 or email at email@example.com.
3. Heritage Village Museum Antique Quilt Exhibit Explore American history with exhibits and self-guided tours at the Heritage Village Museum. Through March 29, view quilts dating back to 1850, such as “Delectable Mountain,” “Missouri Puzzle,” and “Harvest Sun.” $2 for adults, $1 for children 5-11, Museum members and children under 4 are free, Heritage Village Museum, heritagevillagecincinnati.org, Sharon Woods Park, 11450 Lebanon Rd., Sharonville (513) 563-9484
4. ArtworldThrough May 26, take your kids to the Cincinnati Art Museum and let them explore their creativity without making a mess of your house. The Museum teaches families the art of the print with techniques like screen-printing, emboss, relief print, collagraphy, and monotype. Cincinnati Art Museum, Saturdays and Sundays 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., cincinnatiartmuseum.org, (513) 639-2971
5. Sip & StitchBring your friends, a stitchery project, and a favorite beverage to Silk Road Textiles for its monthly Sip & Stitch event. Collaborate and get inspired and then meet next door at Marty’s Hops and Vines to continue the fun with Ladies’ Night. Last Tuesday of every month, next event March 26. 6106 Hamilton Ave., Cincinnati, silkroadcincinnati.com/classes-events
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive