Dig that lucky green shirt out the back of your closet: It’s time to go Irish! Sunday the 17th marks St. Patrick’s Day, and we found an array of weekend events to fit your boozing needs.
1. 31st Annual St. Patrick’s Day Celebration of Song and DanceThe Cincinnati Public Library will be hosting this family-friendly celebration on Friday to help kick off the St. Patty’s weekend. Visit the atrium of the main library downtown to see live music and special performances by those lovely McGing Irish Dancers. Cincinnati Public Library, 800 Vine St., downtown, (513) 369-6900, cincinnatilibrary.org
2. St. Practice Day at Molly Malone’s Practice makes perfect, right? Molly Malone’s in Covington knows how to get your Saturday morning off to a roaring start with this St. Patty’s weekend tune-up. The doors open at 7 a.m. with Kegs and Eggs and will continue on through the day with live music and WEBN there to host. Molly Malone’s Irish Pub & Restaurant, 112 E. Fourth St., Roebling Point, Covington, (859) 491-6659, covington.mollymalonesirishpub.com
3. Fountain Square’s St. Patrick Day celebration Fountain Square’s official St. Patrick’s Day celebration kicks off on Saturday at 10 a.m. In the afternoon, Celtic folk music and rock bands perform for guests sampling Irish fare and merchandise. Then in the evening, New York City’s finest Irish rock band, The Prodigals, close out the celebration. Fountain Square, 5th & Vine St., downtown, myfountainsquare.com/event/st-patricks-day
4. Cincinnati St. Patrick’s Day Parade Can you still bear the sound of squealing bagpipes? I bet as the day goes on you won’t. But if you are able, head downtown at high noon for the 47th annual Cincinnati St. Patrick’s Day parade. Nick Clooney will be the Honorary Grand Marshall as the parade winds through downtown; the main route being on Eggleston Ave. and Sycamore St. (Check online for more of the official route.) cincystpatsparade.com/route
5. St. Patrick’s Celebration in Washington ParkThe capstone of the weekend will obviously be Sunday, St. Patrick’s Day. If you want to get out of the dingy, grimy bar you’ve been in all weekend, then head to Washington Park for their outdoor celebration. From 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., enjoy dancing, food, and music—everything you’ll need to either work off that hangover. Or simply enjoy a Sunday out with family. Just don’t forget that green shirt. Washington Park, Elm & Race St., downtown, washingtonpark.org/event/st-pattys-day-celebration
Photo by Kenneth Sponsler/Shutterstock.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive