Check out our favorite fish frys this week and all through the Lenten season:
1. Mary, Queen of Heaven ParishThe “Codfather” makes an offer you can’t refuse. Mary, Queen of Heaven Parish’s annual event serves up beer-battered fish selections from the Holy Haddock to baked cod and shrimp. They even have a drive-thru. All are welcome March 8, 18 and 22 from 4-8 p.m. Dinners range from $5-$10. Mary, Queen of Heaven Parish, 1130 Donaldson Highway, Erlanger, KY, (859) 371-2622, http://mqhparish.org
2. St. William Fish FryIf you like a little entertainment with your fried cod, then stop by St. William Parish on Friday. Rewind 94.9 Radio will make an appearance Friday, March 15 in the school cafeteria. Meals will be served from 4-7 p.m. at the drive-thru and 4:30-7:30 p.m. in Father Reardon Hall; carry out is also available. Prices range from $3-$8. 4108 W. 8th St., Cincinnati, (513) 921-0247
3. Woodlawn Fire Station 96For a change this year, enjoy your fish fry at a local fire station, which opens for lunch at 11 a.m. Dinner is served until 7 p.m. the Fridays during Lent, through March 29. The prices are $6.50 for meals and 50 cents for beverages. 10121 Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, (513) 771-0233
4. Boy Scout Troop 271 Fish FryThe troop serves fish combos like tilapia, shrimp, and a surprise special each Friday at St. Teresa of Avila Church. Dine-in, carry-out, and drive-thru options are also available. 1175 Overlook Ave., Cincinnati, (513) 348-2043
5. St. Catherine of Siena Fish Fry Around the WorldCan’t eat meat but not a fish lover? Go to St. Catherine of Siena’s in Fort Thomas, which features variations of regional vegetarian dishes. Each Friday serves up a different global cuisine, like American, Mexican, Italian, Chinese, and Irish. And, of course, the old standby fish will be there, too. Dinner is from 4:30 to 7 p.m. in McCrystal Hall at the church, 1803 North Fort Thomas Ave, Fort Thomas, KY, (859) 441-1352
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive