Healthy New Year’s resolutions can be hard to keep when tempted by calorie-laden cookies and brownies. These five local bakeries provide low-guilt treats.
1. Sugar CupcakeryMilford’s all-organic cupcakery (and runner-up on the Food Network’s Cupcake Wars in 2010) makes vegan cupcakes daily. Flavors change with the seasons, so be sure to try the chocolate pancetta, eggnog, gingerbread, and white chocolate chili this winter. Our Healthy Choice: Vegan banana dark chocolate espresso cupcake. sugarcupcakery.com
2. Inspiringkind Boutique BakeryIn addition to beautifully decorated cakes, cupcakes, blondies, and cookies, you can reserve a table at this Anderson Township bakery and enjoy a pot of tea and treats with friends for $15 a person. Our Healthy Choice: Oat and berry bars. inspiringkind.com
3. Sweet Peace BakeryThe city’s first all-vegan bakery sells sweet treats to retailers around town, including Park + Vine, Coffee Emporium, Sitwell’s Coffee Shop, and Clifton Natural Foods. Their pumpkin cinnamon rolls and oatmeal dream pies will have you begging for more. Our Healthy Choice: Voreos (that’s vegan Oreos to the uninitiated). sweetpeacebakery.com
4. Queen City CookiesLocated in Findlay Market, Queen City Cookies is known for schnecken and “Pachyderm Packs,” bite-sized elephant cookies that recently became a Silver sofi Award finalist at the Fancy Food Show in Washington, D.C. Our Healthy Choice: Blueberry maple cookies. queencitycookies.com
5. Naturally Yours BakeryThis mostly vegan and all organic bakery offers cookies, brownies, bars, muffins, and quick breads to appease every taste bud—especially those with specific dietary needs and preferences. Although their Cowboy Cookies are the company’s most popular item, we highly recommend the tropical Bahama bars and moist zucchini carrot bread. Our Healthy Choice: Lemon poppy seed muffins. naturallyoursbakery.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive