Cheer the New Year at one of these events for the young and old.
1. Bootsy Collins’s New Year’s Eve Funk BashBootsy and The Funk Unity League Band will be taking the stage after a night of live horse racing at Turfway Park. Enjoy your evening with drinks, dancing, and a buffet. You might even get to meet the legend himself. 5:30 p.m. to 1:45 a.m., live racing starts at 3 p.m. at Turfway Park, 7500 Turfway Road, Florence, turfway.com
2. New Year’s Eve 2012: A Night at the Moulin RougeThe Cincinnati Symphony Volunteer Association is hosting a Parisian style evening of cocktails, hors d'oeuvres, and an elegant seated dinner. Dance away the last hours of 2012 with the music of Hank Mautner and the Swing Heritage Orchestra, then enjoy a champagne toast at midnight. Performance starts at 7:30 p.m. Music Hall, 1241 Elm St., Over-the-Rhine, (513) 381-3300, cincinnatisymphony.org
3. New Year’s Eve Dinner CruiseCincinnati may not have a giant ball of lights, but it does have a sparkling skyline. BB Riverboats provides a breathtaking view on a New Year’s Eve cruise down the Ohio River. Included is festive entertainment, a three-entree buffet, a late night snack buffet (that’s right, a snack buffet), and a split of champagne at midnight. Ship sets sail at 9 p.m. at the Newport Dock, 101 Riverboat Row, Newport, (859) 261-8500, bbriverboats.com
4. Ball on the Square, Fire & Ice New Year’s Eve Party20th Century Theater, Pipsqueak Theater, and Cincinnati Sports Leagues are teaming up to host a New Year’s celebration with food, drinks, and live music. If you don’t make the list, the family can gather outside Pipsqueak Theater for free kid-friendly activities and a Rozzi fireworks display. Fun starts at 8 p.m. at 20th Century Theater, 3021 Madison Road, Oakley, Contact Cincinnati Sports Leagues (513) 533-9386, gocsl.com
5. Kids New Year’s Eve OvernightPerhaps all you wanted for the holidays was a night off from the hustle and bustle of parenting. Mayerson JCC gives parents a break with their New Year’s Eve kid’s overnight. With a ball drop and a special “bubbly toast,” your kids might have just as much fun as you. No membership is needed and Mayerson JCC will even feed them breakfast. Drop off at 7 p.m. pick up at 8 a.m. at Mayerson JCC, 8485 Ridge Road, Amberley, (513) 761-7500, mayersonjcc.org
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive