Try these out-of-the-ordinary Halloween events—some are fun, some are scary, and some are just plain gross.
1. Cincinnati Zombie Walk Who doesn’t want to walk a mile in some zombie shoes? Join hundreds of Cincinnatians in zombie costumes and walk from the Freedom Center to Fountain Square. There is no price, and people of all ages are welcome. After the walk, join the other un-dead at the Mynt Nightclub’s zombie after party. Oct. 20, Freedom Center, http://www.cincinnatizombiewalk.com/
2. HallZOOweenThe Cincinnati Zoo offers family-friendly fun all through October. Kids are encouraged to wear costumes and visit various trick-or-treat stations, hop on the Hogwarts Express train ride, and find the hidden golden Frisch’s Big Boy statue (creepy indeed). Admission is free with zoo admission. Oct. 6 & 7, Oct. 13 & 14, Oct. 20 & 21, and Oct. 27 & 28, cincinnatizoo.org/events/hallzooween
3. Jack-O-Lantern JunctionWander through a trick-or-treat maze, visit an indoor pumpkin patch, and enjoy Halloween themed trains. The world’s largest indoor train display will excite children for hours—just keep the little ones clear of the ghosts and skeletons. Sept. 22 – Oct. 31, EnterTRAINment Junction, entertrainmentjunction.com
4. Morgan’s Spook-Tacular Haunted RiverThe Little Miami River has been transformed into a haunted outdoor adventure for the Halloween season. Trudge through the Forest of Lost Souls, float down a raft on the haunted river, and visit Zombie Island. Oct. 5 – 27, Morgan’s Canoe and Outdoors, morganscanoe.com
5. Lebanon Theatre HauntingsLocal magicians present a night of disturbingly comedic magic, spooky stunts, and paranormal visitors from England’s most notorious asylum, the Middlesex County Lunatic Asylum. Back by popular demand, “The Haunted One” paranormal theatre experience has returned for its third year. Oct. 19 & 20, Lebanon Theatre Company, thehauntedone.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive