It’s the perfect time to bust out the old wicker basket and fill it with a few of your favorite treats. Check out these five picnic spots before Jack Frost sneaks his way in to Cincinnati.
1. Woodland Mound ParkNot only does Woodland Mound Park present a beautiful view of the Ohio River, but it also offers visitors an 18-hole disc golf course and miles of trails that will rid you of your food coma. 8250 Old Kellogg Road, Anderson Township, greatparks.org/parks/woodland-mound.html
2. Bellevue ParkNestled on the outskirts of Clifton lies a crow’s nest view of the city, complete with trippy midcentury pergolas that look like UFOs. 2191 Ohio Avenue, Clifton, http://184.108.40.206/bellevue-park
3. Devou ParkA picnic in the park can only be made better with a breathtaking view. The quiet spot is ideal for a relaxing outdoor feast. 790 Park Lane, Covington, dreespavilion.com/devou.asp
4. John G. & Phyllis W. Smale Riverfront ParkGet a front row seat at this riverside spot, perfect for a pre-game or post-game picnic. The Smale Park offers a large picnic area equipped with dazzling light displays and interactive fountains (for kids young and old). West Mehring Way, Downtown, cincinnatiparks.com/index.php/smale-riverfront-park
5. Eden ParkEden Park is one of Cincinnati’s most popular parks and it takes just one visit to figure out why. With three lakes, a gazebo, and lush gardens, it’s easy to find the perfect spot for your picnic blanket. 950 Eden Park Drive, Mt. Adams, cincinnatiparks.com/index.php/eden-park
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive