Five days, five standing events. Because you can.
1. Monday: Mayday Happy HourMayday has a very respectable happy hour schedule: Monday through Thursday, the Northside bar hosts a “Dog-N-Draft” special, which gets you any one of their super tasty Chicago-style hotdogs (on pretzel buns!) and any draft beer for the paltry sum of $7.75. So why Monday? Because the special goes four hours longer than usual (from 4 pm–12 am instead of 4 pm–8 pm). Maybe Mondays aren’t so bad after all. 4231 Spring Grove Ave., Northside, (513) 541-0999, maydaynorthside.com
2. Tuesday: Last Call Trivia at Oakley PubIf teeny Oakley Pub & Grill is packed to the gills well beforedinner time, you know Last Call Trivia is on the horizon. Try your hand at winning the game, and give Oakley Pub’s famous burger menu a try while you’re at it. 3924 Isabella Ave., Oakley, (513) 531-2500, oakleypubandgrill.com
3. Wednesday: Blue Wisp Big BandEvery Wednesday from 8:30 until 11:30, the Blue Wisp brings out its 17-piece house band for a night of swinging jazz. The venerable club recently moved locations to the corner of 7th and Race Streets, and is now serving food alongside their classic jazz favorites. Cheese plate? Yes, please. 700 Race St., downtown, thebluewisp.com
4. Thursdays: Karaoke at FBDowntown YP favorite FB hosts promotions nearly every night, but we like the Thursday night karaoke because it pairs perfectly with a cocktail and the bar’s upscale “Quality Bar Grub” menu, available until 11 pm. 126 W. Sixth St., downtown, (513) 246 4333, fb-cincy.com
5. Friday: Bingo at Rinks Flea MarketVoted Best Bingo in the Cincinnati Magazine’s 2011 Best of the City list. Proceeds benefit Northside Boxing School, so not only do you get to set up in the kitschiest bingo hall around, but your money also goes for a good cause. Doors open at 5 pm, games start at 7 pm. 9651 Hamilton Ave, Mount Healthy, rinksbingo.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive