From Sesame Street to Bill Nye the Science Guy, we all know that learning can actually be pretty fun. Try out some of Cincinnati’s own educational experiences—no TV required.
1. Saturnday at the Cincinnati ObservatoryThanks to those telltale rings, Saturn just might be the very coolest planet for a non-expert astronomy enthusiast to view. Don’t miss its yearly—but brief—appearance in the night sky. $6 per person; April 28 at the Cincinnati Observatory, cincinnatiobservatory.org
2. The Incredible InsectWhether they amuse, frighten, or interest you, bugs are just a part of life. Who better than the folks at the Cincinnati Zoo to tell you all about insects, the largest class of creatures on the planet? April 26-27 at the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, cincinnatizoo.org
3. Our Rivers’ Fury: Past and Present Ohio Valley FloodsThe thing about being a river town is that you occasionally have to deal with floods. And, occasionally, those floods are devastating. Visit the Behringer-Crawford Museum to get first-hand eyewitness accounts of the historic 1937 and 1997 floods that shook the city. Thru May 27 at Behringer-Crawford Museum, bcmuseum.org
4. Matthew Albritton: Ohio Presidential Birthplaces This exhibit is one part art show, one part history lesson. Through never-before-seen photographs of the seven presidential birthplaces and boyhood homes in Ohio, photographer Matthew Albritton explores a more personal side of our nation’s history. April 27–July 29 at the Taft Museum of Art, taftmuseum.org
5. Cabin Building BasicsOnce a wild frontier town, Cincinnati was covered with log cabins hand-built by industrious pioneers. Visit the History Museum in the Cincinnati Museum Center at Union Terminal to learn the ins and outs of cabin construction. April 23 at Cincinnati Museum Center History Museum, cincymuseum.org
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive