1. The Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame Rose GardenSeptember 11, 1985, was a big day for baseball, and a very big day for Cincinnati. It was then that Pete Rose sent his record-breaking 4256th hit into Riverfront Stadium, setting the Major League record for most career hits. Riverfront is gone forever, but Great American Ball Park and Cincinnati Reds Hall of Fame and Museum commemorated the event with a rose garden (get it?) planted on the very spot where Charlie Hustle became the Hit King. cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/cin/hof/index.jsp
2. Fountain SquareThere are few more iconic symbols of Cincinnati than the Tyler Davidson Fountain. The best time to see that huge bronze Genius of Water is during the spring and summer, when she’s up and running in full glory. myfountainsquare.com
3. The Cincinnati Wing of the Cincinnati Art GalleryOn the first floor of our lovely art museum is an entire wing of galleries dedicated to the history of art in Cincinnati. See a historical timeline alongside Rookwood pottery—and the works of such artists as Duveneck, Farney, and Duncanson—that put our city on the art world map. cincinnatiartmuseum.org
4. Taft Museum of ArtGet more bang for your sightseeing buck with a visit to this picturesque museum and gallery. The historic Greek Revival-style mansion was the boyhood home of William Howard Taft, one of Cincinnati’s most impressive contributions to the world of politics and law (he was both president and chief justice). It is full of art and artifacts from around the world, and more than a few examples of Cincinnati’s famous 19th century art. taftmuseum.org
5. University of CincinnatiThe New York Times claimed that UC has “one of the most architecturally dynamic campuses in America today,” but the longstanding main campus is a Clifton institution, also known for its traditional collegiate settings like McMicken Commons, Blegen Library, Schneider Quad, and Nippert Stadium. uc.edu
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive