School’s out for summer, as they say. Now what? Keep your kids busy with these five ideas:
1. Equestrian Summer CampEast Fork Stables offers a three-day summer camp for $200 (or you can sign up for private lessons for $60 an hour). Accepting all types of skill levels, East Fork will teach your kids to ride and also to care for the horses (because they should learn a little responsibility too, right?). East Fork Stables Day Camps, Wed-Fri: 9 a.m.–1 p.m.; 2215 Snyder Rd., Batavia, (513) 797-RIDE (7433), eastforkstables.net
2. Family NightThe classic dinner-and-a-movie never fails. On June 12, take your kids for an early dinner at Dewey’s Pizza in Newport. Then go see the double feature How to Train Your Dragon and How to Train Your Dragon 2, starting at 6 p.m. For a more educational day, head to the Cincinnati Museum Center for the Omnimax films Island of Lemurs: Madagascar or Hidden Universe. Both start on June 13. AMC Newport on the Levee Theatre; 1 Levee Way, Newport. amctheatres.com/movies/dragons-double-feature. Cincinnati Museum Center; 1301 Western Ave., Cincinnati, Island of Lemurs: Madagascar: Sun–Thurs 11 a.m., 1, 3 and 5 p.m. Fri–Sat 11 a.m., 1, 3, 5 and 7 pm. Hidden Universe: Mon–Thurs Noon, 2 and 4 p.m. Fri–Sat Noon, 2, 4, 6 and 9 p.m. Sun Noon, 2, 4 and 6 p.m., http://www.cincymuseum.org/omnimax
3. Father’s Day FunDo what dads love to do most: Eat. Make a reservation at Crave for all-you-can-eat prime rib. The feast is priced right at $19.95, which is good, since the only thing dads might like better than dinner is a deal. Crave, 175 Joe Nuxhall Way, The Banks, (513) 241-8600, cravecincinnati.com
4. Library FunOn June 9, head to the Madeira branch for “Movers and Shakers Storytime,” which is exactly what it sounds like. On June 10, folks at the Clifton branch teach your kids to tie dye shirts with Sharpies. Bring in any boring white shirts you have, and let ’em go nuts. Movers and Shakers Storytime, June 9, 10:30 a.m., 7200 Miami Ave., Madeira, programs.cincinnatilibrary.org/evanced/lib/eventcalendar.asp. Sharpie Tie Dye, June 10, 2 p.m., 351 Ludlow Ave., Clifton. programs.cincinnatilibrary.org/evanced/lib/eventcalendar.asp
5. Nature ActivitiesTake the kids to Krohn Conservatory June 9-13 for “Stay-cation,” which coincides with the annual Butterfly Show. Enjoy ice cream, carnival games, sidewalk chalk, and sprinklers (and, you know, butterflies). Or visit Parky’s Farm for “Barnyard Bonanza: Pen Pals” and get an up-close look at farm animals. Krohn Conservatory, June 9-13, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., 1501 Eden Park Drive, Cincinnati, (513) 421-4086, cincinnatiparks.com/butterflyshow/index.php/special-events. Parky’s Farm, June 10, 9 or 10 a.m., 10073 Daly Rd., Cincinnati, (513) 521-3276, greatparks.org/events/fun-farm-programs
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive