Must-see concerts this month (straight to you by our über-hip intern department):
1. Josh Ritter at the Taft TheatreThis musician might be the happiest one you’ll ever see onstage. And his performances are just like his music—genuine. Ritter’s uniquely literary Americana style remains true to form on his latest album, which he’s promoting during this acoustic tour. His stop in Cincinnati is just in time to be the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. February 25, 317 E. 5th St., downtown, (513) 232-6220, tafttheatre.org
2. Jason Isbell at the Taft TheatreOf Isbell’s four solo albums, none have been so highly acclaimed as Southeastern, the soulful, rustic, acoustically grounded record that fans can experience live this Monday the Taft Theatre. February 3. 317 E. 5th St., downtown, (513) 232-6220, tafttheatre.org
3. Dr. Dog at Madison Theater Indie rockers should probably be enjoying the Dr. Dog concert across the river. The psychedelic sounds of this group’s newest album carry an energy that needs to be felt beyond your headphones. Wear a colorful cardigan (perhaps in neon?) to match the band members. February 3. 730 Madison Ave., Covington, (859) 491-2444, madisontheatreonline.com
4. Arctic Monkeys at Madison TheaterMaybe you don’t realize yet that you love this band, but you do. The alternative-becoming-mainstream group has been sneaking onto Top 40 stations with its recent hit Do I Wanna Know? And trust us: Yes. Yes you do. These musicians are British, post-punk, and way cool. February 10. 730 Madison Ave., Covington, (859) 491-2444, madisontheatreonline.com
5. G. Love and Special Sauce at the 20th Century TheaterTheir music sounds a lot like their name—that is, kind of sloppy, but in a good way. This bluesy R&B trio’s newest album won’t be released until April 14, but they’ve got 11 others to play from. Expect some rapping, a little harmonica, and lots of good vibes. February 5. 3021 Madison Rd., Oakley, (513) 731-8000, the20thcenturytheatre.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive