You can only huddle by the radiator for so long. Here are some ways to get out of the house once the polar vortex-level cabin fever sets in.
1. Michigan Ice FestTowers of frozen waterfalls are yours for the climbing on the shores of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula this weekend. Experienced ice climbers and first timers alike will be flocking to Munising for their annual Ice Fest. Daily events are offered and you can purchase equipment right on site. 400 Cedar St., Munising, MI, (906) 387-4067, michiganicefest.com
2. Bikram YogaOne of the only ways you’ll be able to feel temperatures up to 105 degrees this week (without buying a plane ticket) will be in one of Cincinnati’s yoga studios. Bikram yoga, also known as hot yoga, is a 90-minute sequence in a room so hot you’ll be dreaming of snowstorms. 4794 Red Bank Expy., Madisonville, (513) 272-3014, cincinnatibikramyoga.com
3. Sky ZoneThere’s no better place to spend pent-up energy than in a room with floors made of trampolines. All you need is a signed waver and your child-like enthusiasm. Just remember, as always, no double bouncing. 11745 Commons Dr., Springdale, (513) 671-1333, skyzone.com
4. Rock Quest Rock ClimbingThis indoor rock climbing experience will be infinitely more exciting than any arm workouts you had planned at the gym. 3475 East Kemper Rd., Sharonville, (513) 733-0123
5. US Bank Ice RinkThe city lights provide a perfect backdrop to a romantic pre-Valentine’s Day ice-skating date on Fountain Square. 520 Vine St., Downtown, (513) 381-0782, myfountainsquare.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive