Ring in the new year at one of our top picks around town.
1. Fountain Square New Year’s Eve BlastSure, you could watch the ball drop from home. Or you could join fellow Cincinnatians at Fountain Square for music, dancing, Rozzi’s Famous fireworks, ice skating (it’s free!), and plenty of tasty snacks. Kitschy party hats optional. Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – 1 a.m., 520 Vine St., downtown, myfountainsquare.com/event/new-years-eve
2. Newport Aquarium Kids’ CountdownThere’s nothing fishy about the kid-friendly New Year’s Countdown at Newport Aquarium (except perhaps the fish). Held in the Shark Ray Bay Theater and hosted by Q102’s Katie Walters, this event is all for the kiddos: Bring them for music, dancing, giveaways and, of course, a countdown to midnight—or in this case, 5:30 p.m. Keep an eye out for an appearance by Scuba Santa, too. Dec. 31, 3:30–5:30 p.m., One Aquarium Way, Newport, (800) 406-3474, newportaquarium.com/What-to-do-in-cincinnati/Aquarium-Events/NYEKids_Countdown
3. New Year’s Eve CruiseA buffet, entertainment, party favors, champagne, and a booth of Ole Smoky Tennessee Moonshine samples equals a must-try New Year’s experience. But add a riverboat cruise down the Ohio River to the mix, and you’ve taken the night up a level. Reservations required, Dec. 31, 9 p.m.–1 a.m., 101 Riverboat Row, Newport, (859) 261-8500, bbriverboats.com/new_years_eve_cruise.html
4. Chris Comer Jazz TrioFor a decidedly more Gatsby-esque New Year’s Eve, join this hometown favorite piano-based jazz trio at the VIEW 162 rooftop lounge at the Dayton Crowne Plaza. Dec. 31, 8 p.m.–1 a.m., 33 E. Fifth St., Dayton, (888) 233-0368, events.activedayton.com/dayton_oh/events/show/368972979-the-chris-comer-trio
5. Mount Adams Pavilion’s New Year’s Eve BallCome dressed up and ready to par-tay for this NYE Ball that’s spread over not one but two stories: DJ Fuseamania will be on the main floor and DJ K-Smuv in the penthouse. Reserve a table or just mingle among the hors d’oeuvres and champagne. Reservations optional, Dec. 31, 9 p.m., 949 Pavilion St., Mt. Adams, (513) 944-7200, mountadamspavilion.com/nye
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive