The kids are on break and you need something to keep them busy. We have five classic holiday activities for your review:
1. Holiday Traditions at the Cincinnati Museum CenterFrom talking reindeer to the Holiday Express OMNIMAX to the Duke Energy train display, you and the brood will be able to fill an entire afternoon. And they’ll be ready for naps when it’s all over. Admission to all museums for adults $12.50, children $8.50. Cincinnati History Museum only (includes Holiday Junction) adults $8.50, children $6.50. Open until Jan.5, 2014. 1301 Western Ave, Queensgate, (513) 287-7000, cincymuseum.org
2. Newport Aquarium Scuba SantaSanta Claus gets a new kind of suit! The waterproof kind! Just go with it. You and your family can visit Scuba Santa at the Newport Aquarium and send off your last-minute Christmas letters. Free with admission. Open Until Jan. 1. 1 Aquarium Way, Newport, 1-800-406-3474, newportaquarium.com
3. EnterTRAINment JunctionGot a train lover in your midst? EnterTRAINment Junction has 90 trains on more than two miles of track running through little towns and forests. During the holiday season your kids can observe Santa and Mrs. Claus in their natural habitat. $12.95 Adults, $9.95 Kids. 7379 Squire Court, West Chester, (513) 898-8000, entertrainmentjunction.com
4. Ice Skating on Fountain SquareIn the middle of the downtown high-rises, sip on some hot cocoa and teach your little one to skate like a pro. $3 admission, $3 for skate rental. Sun.-Thurs. 10 a.m.–10 p.m. Fri.& Sat. 10 a.m.–12 a.m. Christmas Day & New Years Day 2 p.m.–10 p.m.; 520 Vine St., downtown, (513) 381-0782, myfountainsquare.com
5. Krohn Conservatory Holiday Floral Show Sick of the cold? Make your way to Krohn Conservatory and you can pretend it’s spring. Enjoy the hothouse humidity while looking for pinecones and nuts among the little houses and railroads. You and the family can run the show through the interactive train set by operating building lights and railroad crossings. Adults $7, children $4, children under four are free. 10 a.m.–5 p.m. 1501 Eden Park Dr., Eden Park, (513) 421-4086
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive