From freakishly fun to downright frightful, these Halloween events promise a scary good time.
1. Hill-O-Ween at Pyramid HillBring the whole family to explore this sculpture park with other holiday revelers—just keep an eye out for (friendly) ghosts. Hay rides, food vendors, face painting, rope winding, and pumpkin carving are included in the festivities. Oh, and look your best: There’s a costume contest, too. Oct. 27, 2 p.m. at Pyramid Hill Sculpture Park, 1763 Hamilton-Cleves Rd. Free admission, parking $5. (513) 868-1234. pyramidhill.org
2. Haunted Duck Boat ToursTravel through Cincinnati at night, by land and by boat, equipped with “Wacky Quackers” to frighten away any ghosts that appear. After hearing your tour guides reveal the legendary ghost stories of Music Hall, Taft Museum, and the Thompson House, you’ll never view these local landmarks the same way again. Friday and Saturday nights through Nov. 2, Oct. 31, Newport on the Levee, (859) 815-1439. newport.ridetheducks.com.
3. St. Rita School for the Deaf Haunted HouseThere’s a reason this tour of the old St. Rita’s has been around for 39 years now: Its slasher/horror flick reenactments, CGI props, and the undead who roam the hallways make for an adventure that’s not for the faint of heart. You’ll want to bring your friends back next year—if you make it out alive, that is. Friday-Sunday nights through Nov 2, Oct. 31, St. Rita School for the Deaf, 1720 Glendale-Milford Rd. (513) 771-1060, srsdeaf.org
4. Fountain Square Costume ContestHave a Halloween costume so awesome it begs for recognition? Put your genius on display in Fountain Square on Oct. 31 and compete for prizes (including a free one-night stay at the 21c Museum Hotel). Oct. 31, 11:30 a.m. at Fountain Square. myfountainsquare.com
5. BOOport on the LeveeTake your little Disney princess or Transformer out for an afternoon of trick-or-treating at Newport, where shops along the Levee will be doling out sweet treats. Kids 10 and under, Oct. 27, 3-4 p.m. at Newport on the Levee, newportonthelevee.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive