Looking for one-of-a-kind furnishings with retro flair? Make these local shops your first stop.
1. Algin FurnitureThe best place to go for retro: whether you’re seeking plywood dining tables, shell chairs, or arc lamps. For those of the designer set – but on a budget - Algin has a ready supply of (replica) Eames, Saarinen, and other midcentury designer pieces. 800 Main St., downtown, (513) 621-1617
2. Mainly Art Vintage Home FurnishingsIf authenticity is your M.O., you’ll want to stop here. That Milo Baughman lounge chair you’ve been coveting? They’ll have it here—just don’t wait too long to make a move. 3711 Madison Rd., Oakley, (513) 378-8261, mainlyart.com
3. Duck Creek Antique MallTwo expansive floors of booths and dealers hawking retro, vintage, and mid-century furniture and décor means you can easily spend an hour or two (or three) taking it all in. 53715 Madison Rd., Oakley, (513) 321-0900, duckcreekantiquemall.com
4. NVisionNeed to satisfy your vintage fix? Make this distinctly 1950’s mod-style shop your go-to: from McCoy ceramic cookie jars to dining tables to Mica chandeliers, they have an expansive variety of mid-century furniture, décor, and knick-knacks to choose from (they’ve got a neat selection of jewelry and clothing, too). 4577 Hamilton Ave., Northside, (513) 542-4577, nvisionshop.com
5. Astute FurnishingsIf you enjoy the thrill of the hunt for that oh-so-perfect item, Astute’s ever-changing inventory guarantees you’ll have a range of options. A consignment shop that sees new merchandise daily, expect to find lots of art deco and mod furniture and décor, with plenty of European and designer items mixed in. 3052 Madison Rd., Oakley, (513) 631-8886, astutefurnishings.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive