Antonio Garcia might look mild-mannered in his stripey cardigan, but the heavy metal fan rocks some kind of jewelry every day from his eclectic collection. Note: He’s partial to skulls.How much does music influence your style? I would like to say about 90 percent. The other 10 percent comes from Tumblr and suggestions from girls. Describe your style. I think my style is modern. A little bit hipster, but I still believe that I have my heavy metal roots. I like tight jeans and a nice collared shirt or a v-neck sweater, but I like to add a little more to outfits to make them stand out. Like your jewelry? Yeah, I have a thing for jewelry. It’s because all my favorite rockers usually wear a lot of jewelry. My favorite is Ville Vallo from HIM. Everything from chains, rings, piercings, necklaces, and belt buckles. I pull my style from glam rock, Scandinavian goth metal, heavy metal, thrash metal, and even a little bit of hip hop. It just has to go with what I’m wearing that day. What’s your favorite piece of jewelry? I actually have two. One is a necklace that is half of a heart. It’s red and black and made to look pixelated. It comes with another piece that I gave to somebody else very significant in my life. The other is a lightning bolt that I acquired at a heavy metal show. I like it for two reasons: One, my favorite skateboarder, Mike Vallely, took the icon from Elvis and got it tattooed on his arm. To me, it represents never giving up. The other is because it’s big and flashy and people ask about it a lot.Does all of your jewelry have sentimental value? Absolutely. That’s why I feel comfortable wearing it. Where do you find it all? Anywhere I can. I find stuff I like at markets around Cincinnati like Trader’s World. I call it my gypsy collection. Do you wear jewelry with every outfit? Yeah, I feel that I am missing something without at least one piece on. It’s the finishing touch on an outfit. Photograph by Jonathan WillisOriginally published in the February 2013 issue
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2013. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive