We pulled five of our favorite meals out of the November 2013 Cheap Eats feature, and they all happen to ring in at $5 or less. So start digging in those couch cushions and get yourself a deal of a meal.
1. Biscuits and gravy at the Bluebird, $3.30A pair of fluffy biscuits are buried somewhere beneath the thick, peppery sausage gravy. It tastes just like grandma’s recipe, and won’t cost you much more either. 4629 Montgomery Rd., Norwood, (513) 351-2427
2. Lunch Special at Brij Mohan, $4 The plates are paper, the cutlery is plastic, and you order at the counter. But the midday deal at this strip-mall gem is a vegetarian’s dream: You get a meatless entrée, rice, and naan. Score a bakery treat with the change in your pocket. 11259 Reading Rd., Sharonville, (513) 769-4549
3. Vegetarian Heaven Wrap at Total Juice Plus, $4.95 Mojadra is the star here (a mix of lentils, rice, and olive oil), schmeared with a little hummus, abetted by shreds of romaine and a judicious sprinkling of feta and Kalamata olive, and tightly wrapped in a wheat tortilla. All that and a 16-ounce smoothie will get you out the door for less than 10 bucks. 631 Vine St., (513) 784-1666, totaljuicecincy.com
4. Falafel Wrap at Al-Amir Café, $4.99 Hang with city workers, Egyptian cabbies, and refugees from Fountain Square at this pocket paradise. The falafel is moist, wrapped more tightly than Crispin Glover, and best in its spicy version. 410 Vine St., downtown, (513) 621-9299
5. Pulled pork sandwich at Eli’s, $5If heaven had a taste, this wouldn’t be far off. Tender, hickory-smoked pork piled with creamy coleslaw, tangy sauce, and a perfectly toasted bun. Add two sides for $3 and BYOB. 3313 Riverside Dr., East End, (513) 307-8318, elisbarbeque.com
Simply confirm your registered email address below and click "Reset Password." We will immediately email you a link back to the site where you can enter a new password for this account.
We've found your existing Cincinnati Magazine Insiders account. Please login below to complete the Facebook login process.
Copyright © 2014. All rights reserved.
In partnership with Marketron Interactive